Welcome to the Furze Platt Primary Federation (FPPF) Governors' section.
The FPPF Governing Body governs Furze Platt Infant & Junior School and comprises of volunteers consisting of elected Parent and staff governors and appointed Community and LEA Governors. We meet once per term, supported by the Clerk of Governors.
We work in partnership with the Executive Headteacher, Heads of Schools and staff to carry out the following:
All Governors have links locally and many of us have direct links with the school as current or past parents. We come from a variety of backgrounds and professions and through our work can often offer the school a different perspective on issues. We are a committed group who work hard to support the school and the Head Teacher as a “critical friend”.
Each Governor takes a lead on an area of school development and may also be responsible to evaluate progress of school development areas though a working party.
Governors are elected /appointed for a 4 year term. Details of all the Governors and their elected/appointed dates can be found below.
If you wish to contact any of the Governors please in the first instance contact the school office or the Excecutive Head Teacher who will be happy to take your details and arrange for the appropriate Governor to contact you.
Mr Derek Moss
Chair of the FPPF Governing Body
Governor Objectives 2019-20:
1. To support the schools through setting up of the FPPF.
2. To demonstrate rigorous support and challenge to Senior Leadership Team in the delivery of key OFSTED targets.
3. To help guide the schools creation of the federation's vision, values and mission statement and to ensure these are known and communicated effectively to all stakeholder groups. (All via Parent survey scrutiny/attendance at parent events; Teachers by engagement beyond SLT (via Survey's and event attendance); Pupil engagement through Governors Into School interviews and school council meetings.
4. To ensure that the Governing Body retains appropriate high level of skills and competencies through its succession process.
5. To support the Senior Leadership Team in reviewing and re-stating the strategic vision and ambitions of the schools.
Current Governor information
|Name||Representation||Link role or area of expertise||Term of office commencement|
|Suzanne Admans||Associate||GDPR||September 2019|
Vice Chair of Governors
Data & Curriculum
|Sarah Batkin||Associate||Health & Safety||September 2019|
|Liz Bharj||Clerk||Clerk to the Governors||September 2019|
|Matthew Blacknell||Associate||Data & Curriculum||September 2019|
|Simon McCallion||Parent||Safeguarding||September 2019|
Chair of Governors
Health & Safety
|Dana Paldi||Associate||SEND||September 2019|
|Antonia Spinks||Parent||Data & Curriculum||September 2019|
|Jeremy Spooner||Local Authority||
|Iain Thomas||Associate||SEND||September 2019|
|Mike Wallace||Executive Headteacher FPPF||September 2019|
Data & Curriculum
|Helen Young||Parent||Safeguarding||September 2019|
Register of Business Interests:
FPPF launched September 1st 2019. Any meeting information and Governor attendance information will be uploaded when available
Click here for more information.