Welcome to Year 3!
Year 3 is an exciting year for everyone as the children are introduced to FPJS. During Year 3 we always have lots of brilliant activities lined up with a focus on building independence and promoting a growth mindset attitude towards learning. We have three main Topics during the year: Settlements though Time, Into the Rainforest and Ancient Egypt. We are pleased to have introduced Samba drumming as part of the Year 3 music curriculum which is popular with children and adults alike!
Each year we organise a number of fantastic enrichment activities and trips. Previously this has included:
- Celts and Romans activity day
- Visits from some rainforest animals
- Making lanterns for the Maidenhead Community Lantern Parade
- Trips to London Zoo
- Ancient Egypt workshops
Notes for parents:
- PE is on Tuesday. Please ensure children come dressed in their full kit.
- Homework will be handed out on a Thursday and is due in the following Thursday. Below you will find our termly grids for optional extra homework projects. House Points will be awarded for completion of these tasks.
- We encourage all parents to sign up to Seesaw to get regular updates on year group activities and also to have the opportunity to follow some of your child's work as it happens.
Click here for more information.