Welcome to Year 3!
Year 3 is an exciting year for everyone as the children are introduced to FPJS. During Year 3 we always have lots of brilliant activities lined up with a focus on building independence and promoting a growth mindset attitude towards learning. We have three main Topics during the year: Settlements though Time, Into the Rainforest and Ancient Egypt. We are pleased to have introduced Samba drumming as part of the Year 3 music curriculum which is popular with children and adults alike!
Each year we organise a number of fantastic enrichment activities and trips. Previously this has included:
- Celts and Romans activity day
- Visits from some rainforest animals
- Making lanterns for the Maidenhead Community Lantern Parade
- Trips to London Zoo
- Ancient Egypt workshops
Notes for parents:
- PE is on Tuesday. Please ensure children come dressed in their full kit.
- Homework will be handed out on a Thursday and is due in the following Thursday. Below you will find our termly grids for optional extra homework projects. House Points will be awarded for completion of these tasks.
- We encourage all parents to sign up to Seesaw to get regular updates on year group activities and also to have the opportunity to follow some of your child's work as it happens.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: